Year of release: 2018
Genre: racing, sandbox
Developer and publisher: Neognosis
Multiplayer: internet, LAN, split screen
Interface language: english
Processor: 2.6 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics: OpenGL 3.2
Storage: 2.5 GB
BallisticNG is an anti-gravity combat racer and the ultimate AG modding sandbox developed as a love letter to the original Wipeout trilogy. Set in the year 2159, you glide through futuristic courses armed to the teeth with deadly weapons to aid you in taking first place.
– 35 hand crafted tracks and 16 unique ships in the base game, BallisticNG has something for everybody
– 5 speed classes and gameplay modifiers to manipulate the base speed of each class, you can race at speeds anywhere between a snail’s pace or breaking the sound barrier on every straight
– push your skills with 98 events spanning across 10 campaign blocks
– pick up weapons from the track and blast your way through the competition
– pick a gamemode, configure it, add up to 16 racers with whatever difficulty you want and jump straight in gamemodes: Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Eliminator, Knockout, Survival and Upsurge
– play with others in two player splitscreen or online via direct IP, onlline multiplayer is cross-platform across Windows, OSX and Linux and supports custom ships and tracks
– fully compatible with SteamVR. Jump into the cockpit of your favourite ship and strap yourself in for the ride of your life! (the cockpit view is also available outside of VR)
– thumping soundtrack featuring over 3 hours of music inspired by old school electronic genres
– built for modding, BallisticNG provides a large assortment of ways to modify it and develop new content using the same tools and level of customization used in development
Includes all DLC.
Tested on Linux Mint 20, Manjaro 20.1.2.